Hello car enthusiasts! Our people at iconic motorized engineering want you to know we're
currently hard on the case of creating a riveting blog jam packed with the latest and
greatest in the engineering feats of the motorized
world. Our hope is to soon have this page be full of daily
updates on what's going on in the world of cars and such. As well as interesting
tidbits or updates on our website worth
mentioning. Stay tuned for more future postings!
Some car facts that just might make you say, "Hey woah I didn't know that!"
- That "new car smell" we all love so much is actually composed of about 50 volatile chemicals.
- The average car is composed of over 30,000 parts!
- 75% of the cars Rolls-Royce has ever produced are still currently on the road today.
- It would take just under 6 months to get to the moon by car traveling at 60mph.
- The average American spends about 38 hours a year stuck in traffic.
- In Russia, it is a crime to drive around in a dirty car.
- There are more cars than people in Los Angeles!
- The inventor of cruise control was blind.
- The Lincoln Town car is the last US luxury car to still use body on frame construction.
- The Honda Prelude was the first mass produced car ever to introduce 4 wheel drive.
- The first care to use rear view mirrors was driven by an Indy 500 winner in 1911 to see cars catching up behind him.
- The US gas guzzler tax designed for fuel-inefficient vehicles only applies to cars, not SUVs, trucks, or vans.
- In 2006 Indy cars switched to Honda engines. Since then there have been no Indy car engine failures.
- South African residents can legally attach flamethrowers to the sides of their cars!
- Car been roasting in the sun? Roll the window down on one side, repeatedly open and close the door on the other side.